Norton is an antivirus used to protect your system from harmful viruses, Trojans, malware, etc. which can damage your data. Norton antivirus provides full security to your computer. While browsing the internet, it is necessary to install an antivirus in your PC for better protection
- We recommend using the Norton Internet Security menu to uninstall the app.
- Uninstall Norton Internet Security:
- Open Norton Internet Security.
- Tap on Settings then click on Uninstall the app.
- On the Uninstall Norton Internet Security screen, now tap Next.
- If needed, enter the app secret code.
The app requests the secret code if the Uninstallation protection checkbox is selected in the Anti-Theft settings.
Norton Internet Security will be uninstalled
If you have enabled Anti-Theft, Norton Internet Security for Android will have been selected as a device administrator. You must deactivate administrator privileges before removing Norton Internet Security for Android through the list of apps or Google Play.
Save the activation code in My Norton for future use:
- If you were signed in to My Norton, click Next.
- If you were not signed in, click Save and sign in from the application interface that opens. Return to the uninstallation wizard and click Next.
- This step does not appear if you are uninstalling Norton Security Cloud. In this case your code is already saved in My Norton.
Select the checkboxes beside the data you want to save. Click Next.
How to uninstall the application
After removing Norton Internet Security, your computer and personal data will be unprotected.
Norton Internet Security is uninstalled with the help of the Setup Wizard.
How to uninstall the application in Windows 7
To start the Wizard on a computer running under Microsoft Windows 7 or earlier versions,in the Start menu, select All Programs → Norton Internet Security → Remove Norton Internet Security.
How to uninstall the application in Windows 8 or later
To start the Wizard on a computer running under Microsoft Windows 8 or a later operating system:
On the start screen, right click the Norton Internet Security tile to call up the toolbar.
Click the Remove button on the toolbar.
In the window that opens, select Norton Internet Security in the list.
Click the Remove button in the upper part of the list.
How to remove a Norton application for Windows
- To remove a Norton application:
- Open the Control Panel. See the Microsoft support website for instructions.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- Select your Norton application and click Uninstall/Change.
- If the application is password-protected, enter the password. Click Yes.
- If you have forgotten the password, reset it. See this article for instructions.
- Click Next.
- If the application is password-protected, enter the password again. Click Next.
- Click Remove.
- Click Yes to reboot the computer.
- The Norton application has been removed.
If it is not possible to remove the application with standard Windows tools, use the kavremover tool. For instructions see this article .
How to Remove Norton Completely
Norton is one of the better known providers of computer security software. Its various products for home users include basic virus protection and more advanced programs that include protection from phishing emails, malicious software and identity theft. Remove Norton from your computer using the standard Windows software removal process or with the Norton Removal Tool.
Removing Norton with the Control Panel
Push the Windows key and "R" key on the keyboard simultaneously. The "Run" dialog box appears. Type "appwiz.cpl" in the box, leaving out the quotation marks, and press "Enter" to see a list of all installed programs.
Click "Norton Internet Security 2010"--or the name of the Norton product that you have installed--and then click "Change/Remove" in Windows XP or "Change/Uninstall" in Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Click the "Remove" icon.
Select the radio button labeled "Complete Uninstall," and then click "Next."
Click "Yes" when prompted to restart your computer. In most cases, this process removes any Norton product from a computer completely. If you encounter an error during the process, however, Norton also distributes a tool that removes all Norton products.
Open a Web browser, and navigate to the download page for the Norton Removal Tool using the Resource link at the end of this article. Click the link titled "kavremover.exe." Select the desktop when your browser prompts you to specify a download location.
How to Kill a Norton Process
Norton Lab is an international company that formed in 1997. The company specializes in Internet security software for homes, small offices and businesses. When a Norton program is running on your computer, a corresponding Norton process, such as kavsvc.exe, is running. Killing the process closes the program. However, the program and the corresponding process can be restarted at a later time.
Step 1 Click "Start," type "cmd" into the search field and press "Enter" to open the Command Prompt.
Step 2 Type the following command into the Command Prompt and press "Enter": taskkill name.exe. Note that "name.exe" should be replaced with the name of the Norton process that you want to kill.